Thursday, May 5, 2011

out of commission










Sorry I have been out of commission this last semester. It has been a busy one. I decided I was going to go back to school full time by doing online classes and it has been Matts last semester and so with that on top of Matt working and me being the mom I haven't really had the time and then when I did I wasn't in the mood. My friend just posted a post and talked a little about the pressure to be perfect and how sometimes in the blogging world it is hard not to compare ourselves. Well that is the exact reason why I haven't blogged in a while because this semester I have really not been at the top of my game in the mothering, wifey, homemaker, visiting teacher, or really any part of my life. I have been doing a million things at a time and I have felt like I have been doing a little and slacking a little in each area. So when I have gotten on and looked at blogs and see the clean houses, happy clean children and these ladies that I admire that seem to have everything together I gave up on blogging tell I felt like I was ready to take the time to do it and not feel like I was neglecting the boys. So needless to say I have been in like a 4 month slump of feeling a little overwhelmed and not good enough. On a lighter note school is over now and I have had time to think about what is really important in life and what I need to do to keep me and my family happy.

We really have had some fun in this last semester. My brother got engaged, we had a way fun easter, had a lot of playdates with friends and I have hit zumba as much as I could.

I decided that I am going to start another blog I haven't put it all together yet. I started it a few months ago just as kinda a journal, but now I changed it and its going to be just a blog of things that I love and where I am going to be setting goals and I will talk about them. So I will post when I have it already but I am excited about it.

Here are some pics of the past few months. In no order just for fun.

5 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

well good job with the no pics! uh...i am excited for your new blog!

Lisa said...

You've been SO busy! I had no idea you were in school... way to go! Can't wait to see your new blog. By the way... I LOVE the header on this blog!

Ashley said...

Just remember that everybody puts their best foot forward on their blogs! I think it's amazing that you went back to school! You're a wonderful wife and mother! Don't think anything otherwise :)

Lindsey Smith said...

Britt,
I think you are the most amazing Mommy and wife to your hubby... and such an amazing friend!!! Don't ever compare yourself to anyone. I love you girl and am glad you posted some recent pixs. I miss you!!!

Gutierrez Family said...

um pretty sure you are an amazing mom, wife, and person. i look up to you so much! you have always always been there for me and i love being able to talk to you. you are incredible and such an amazing example to me.!!!! just thought you should know i love you!!!!